Sautéed Chicken With Garlic And White Wine and Herbs
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper to taste. To facilitate cooking, make a gash in the underside (opposite of the skin side) of each chicken leg.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a heavy skillet and add all the chicken pieces, skin side down. Cook 5 to 7 minutes until brown turn the pieces. Add the garlic, Bay leaf & Thyme.
- Add the liver and reduce the heat. Cook over moderate heat, turning the pieces so that they cook evenly. The total cooking time at this point should be from 17-20 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a hot serving platter. Add wine to the skillet. Cook over high heat, stirring to dissolve the brown particles that cling to the bottom and sides of the pan. Cook until wine is reduced by half. Add the water and boil briskly about 30 seconds.
- Swirl in the remaining butter, salt & pepper to taste.
- Spoon the sauce over the chicken and serve with the butter noodles