A quick and satisfying Instant Pot meal.
- Prep the chicken: In a small bowl, combine the turmeric, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper. Mix well. Sprinkle chicken thighs evenly with spice mixture.
- Add the oil to the Instant Pot. Select Saute and adjust to Normal. Working two at a time, brown the thighs on both sides. Transfer the thighs to a plate; set aside.
- Add the onion to the oil remaining in the pot; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add the garlic; cook and stir for 1 minute more. Add lentils, dates, olives, cinnamon sticks, wine, chicken broth and chicken, Place cilantro bundle on top of chicken. Press Cancel.
- Secure the lid on the pot Close the pressure-release valve.
- Cook the chicken: Select Meat/Stew and adjust the cook time to Less. When cooking is complete, use a natural release to depressurize. (Less went 15 minute, no warm 03/14/2020 doubled spice, 2 cups lentils & ½ wine a bit more stock)
- Serve-the chicken: Remove the cilantro bundle and discard. Transfer cooked chicken to a plate. Spoon lentil mixture into a shallow bowl or onto plates; arrange thighs on top of lentils. Sprinkle with snipped cilantro and serve with lemon wedges.