- Heat a clean, dry cast iron or heavy duty skillet over medium high heat and add the sesame seeds. Stir frequently until they begin to turn golden brown and then stir constantly. Be careful, sesame seeds burn very easily.
- Once they're toasted, let them cool. Add them to a food processor.
- Start by adding 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Process the mixture into a paste, scraping down the sides. Add more olive oil until you reach the desired consistency
- Makes a little less than ¾ cup tahini paste, depending on how much olive oil you use.
- Store the tahini paste in the refrigerator in an airtight jar. Will keep for several months.