Contributed by: Bob's Red Mill Natural Foods
This recipe can be found on our bags of Small White Beans.
- Pressure Cooker: Wash beans and add beans, splash of Olive Oil, & 10 cloves of garlic to 12 cups water & pressure cook for about 17 minutes. Drain beans and reserve the water for soup and set both aside.
- Soak overnight: Wash & Soak beans in water to cover overnight. Drain and rinse beans. Add 4 cups of fresh water (liquid should be 1 – 2” above top of beans). Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer about 1½ hours.
- Heat oil in a pot over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and sauté until tender, 3 – 5 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Portion into serving bowls and top with Parmesan cheese if desired.