- Boil water with salt. Drain water from the tofu, chop into cubes and put in pan. Return to boil.
- Heat up a wok or frying pan and pour in the cooking oil. Add the ground beef, onions, garlic, ginger, and chile paste adding ingredients one at a time.
- Add rice wine, stock, soy sauce and bring to boil. Skimming off bubbles of fat.
- Drain Beancurd in a colander, add to the meat sauce and cook together for a couple of minutes, stirring several times. Try not to break bean curd cubes.
- Stir in cornstarch paste to thicken, Sprinkle sesame oil and Japanese peppers. Transfer to a serving plate and top with remaining chopped onion.
- Serve over rice.
Mapo-Dōfu - Japanese Cooking: Try it, You'll Love it, page 70