One of the Bruns' favorite Birthday Cakes!
Better Dairy Free & GF!
- Preheat to 350°, grease and flour 10 inch tube pan
- Pour boiling water over chocolate and margarine, let stand until melted, use wire whisk to stir in vanilla and sugar, then whisk in egg yolks
- Mix baking soda and Soy Milk together add to chocolate mixture
- Sift flour and baking powder together add to mixture
- Beat egg whites until stiff, fold into batter
- Pour into the prepared pan, set on a middle rack, bake for 35 minutes (non-convection), OR until the sides pull away from the edge of the pan. Let the cake cool completely before frosting it.