- Brown the rice: Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan on medium high heat. Add the raw rice and stir to coat with the olive oil. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the rice has started to brown.
- Add the garlic and cook a minute more.
- Add water (stock), salt, zest, to the rice. Bring to a rolling boil, then cover and lower the heat to low to maintain a very low simmer.
- Cook undisturbed for 15 minutes (check your rice package instructions), then remove from heat and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Fluff the rice with a fork. Pour lime juice over the rice and toss with chopped cilantro.
Transfer rice to a serving bowl.