I usually don't get to make stuff with crazy amounts of dairy. I thought I'd give it a try! :) fun adventure. I did make it Gluten Free with Nuts & DF Oats!
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- In the bowl of a food processor, add almonds & pecans process until you’ve got fine crumbs. Add brown sugar, salt and cinnamon and process again. Transfer to a medium bowl and add melted butter. Using your hands, mix well until no dry spots remain (crumb mixture should not be sandy or dry, but hold small clumps when pressed together). I added enough ground GF Oats to get to this point.
- Press crust evenly into the bottom and at least 1½-inches up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Use the bottom of a measuring cup to make sure the bottom is as even as possible. Bake on the middle rack until crust is set and just starting to brown around the edges, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove pan from the oven and set aside while you prepare the filling. Reduce heat to 300 degrees.
- Prepare the filling: Combine cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer. Using a paddle attachment, beat on low/medium until mixture is completely smooth, scraping down the sides and bottom of the bowl as necessary, about 4 minutes.
- Reduce speed to low and 1 at a time, add eggs, scraping down the sides and bottom of the bowl after each egg is added. With the mixer on low, add flour and beat just to blend, until no lumps remain.
- Pour filling into prepared crust (if filling goes above the crust, that is O.K.). Bake until the edges of the cheesecake are completely set and the 2-inch inner circle of the cheesecake wobbles just slightly, 60 to 120 minutes.
- Turn heat off and let cheesecake remain in the oven for another 10 minutes. Remove cheesecake from oven and let sit on a wire rack to cool completely at room temperature. When cool, transfer to refrigerator until totally set, at least 6 hours, preferably overnight.
Baked crust for 20 minutes 325°
Poured in filling baked @ 300° in foil wrap on cookie sheet filled with water. Baked for 2 hours, cooled in over after turning off for 10 minutes. Wire rack then fridge for about 5 ish hours before serving!
Thinking for the next time I’d cook cheesecake @ 325°
Should have added a bit more salt to crust.