Lisa's classic banana bread. She usually doubles or triples the bananas :)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar together until fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Sift together all purpose flour, baking soda and salt; stir in whole wheat flour then add to butter mixture, mixing well.
- Fold in bananas and vanilla (and walnuts).
- Pour into 2 greased loaf pans and convect bake 35 minutes. Or 1 loaf pan for 50 – 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan then remove and cool on rack.
The Silver Palate Cookbook, page 248